Skip to main content
Life’s Storms
By: Maxine M.

Suddenly!! In the middle of the night lives were lost, damaged, destroyed from the storm that arose
Without warning, many were put into a “situation” they would never have chose
In misery and anguish cries were heard…why? Why me? Is there anyone who knows?

Dazed and confused, survivors struggle with questions…what NOW?
Where to go? What to do 1st? Will life ever be normal again somehow?
WHY!!, would a loving God such devastation allow?

Questions that will be answered somewhere along life’s troublesome highway
For man is born for trouble, so surely as sparks fly upward…Job had to say
Because he TOO knew heartache and LOSS…one stormy windy day

The disciples also experienced an unexpected storm, as they crossed the Sea
Crying out in panic… “LORD! Don’t you care?” “SAVE us!” was their plea
Forgetting they had the Creator of the Universe with them…how much safer could they be?!

But before we judge them, let’s examine OUR lives as well
Don’t we too show sudden fear when we see “storm clouds” starting to swell
For everyone has at some point a “life storm” story to tell

Do WE remember that we have the Creator’s Spirit in OUR very being?
HIS spirit…who’s ALL knowing, ALL powerful, ALL seeing
Shouldn’t that thought make all doubt & fear be fleeting

Now, “STORM” can be any violent attack on our sense of safety, comfort and ease
Trouble in a personal or business relationship or a disabling disease
There’s been an accident!! Lord, don’t let it be MY loved one, please!

So whether the storm is “literal”…nature at its devastating peak
Or perhaps physical, emotional, psychological, your spirit defenseless and weak
Confusion reigns…where is the SHELTER you so desperately seek?

Where is the “Blessed Assurance” of which some others speak?
Are you fearful of the stress you see ahead this week?
Are storm clouds gathering…looking dark ominous and bleak?

Are you prepared for those “life storms” to hit full force?
Those things that can deter us…drive us off course
Take our eyes off the Savior…fill us with remorse

Because it’s our “humanness” that makes us frightened amid the storm
Wanting the storm to PASS…desiring life to once again be comfortable and warm
Our spirit seeks to return to quietness & rest, to inner-peace conform

But just as Jesus’ commanded “PEACE” quieted the winds and waves
He can also provide OUR peace…peace our soul so craves
And through ALL our personal storms, HE graciously SAVES

So, IF “storm clouds” are looming, don’t run away and hide
REACH OUT!! Take His hand, knowing He’s walking with us stride for stride
Because there is no safer place to stay than right by His side

Comments

Judy,

Wanted to wish you a very happy birthday today.

Hope your celebrating this past weekend was wonderful.

I had made myself a note that your birthday was on Tuesday. So, while I was up awhile today, I typed you an email greeting and put it the draft section. I planned to wait until I was sure you had retired then I was going to hit the send button. Then you would see it when you went to your emails on the morning of your birthday.

But Sue called me around 11:00 p.m. her time and she said that it was today. I almost cried. I don't know how I made that mistake, but I did.

So trying not to be early, I missed it. Sorry!

Hope it was wonderful!

Love you lots.
P.S., this last poem, "Life's Storms" is just wonderful.

Hope you are still posting them on Rapture Ready. I haven't checked there in awhile.

Keep on keeping on.
Marge said…
Judy,
Right after you posted your mom's new poem on Joel's blog, he started a new one. Would you mind, very much re-posting it, on the new blog?

Thanks! It's a wonderful poem, that is much needed now!

Child of the King,
Would you pray about coming back to Joel's blog? You are missed, and also needed.

Love,
Marge
N said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
N said…
Anyone else here too. Sorry.
Nate,

What a surprise!

So nice to see that blogger name. Are you still gathering up all the applicable news sources to make it so easy for everyone to keep up with everything? I'll bet you are.

I didn't quite know what to make of Judy's email to me about your post here, but Stacy and Davey explained it to me somewhat.

And, as much as I appreciate your asking me I think I will decline. I think my blogger days are over. I really don't think I would fit in there anyway, from what I've been hearing.

I got several emails today stating that Joel's blog is about ready to explode again. That is such a shame. I know he has many spirit-filled prayers going up for his blog. It's too bad he started allowing anonymous to post comments again. I probably shouldn't say that as I am quite sure Joel has prayed much about his blog.

Stacy says that Mac's blogspot is not going to be closed down, that you guys are just setting up a secure place in case it does. I am hearing some pretty good things about this Mac. Am looking forward to meeting him when we all get home.

Thanks again for thinking about me, and you keep on keeping on. I know you are about your Father's business and please know that I remember you always to Him in prayer for your ministry.

Your Sister in Christ
N said…
Let me just say that I have a whole lot of respect for you sister! You have the Heart of our Lord in you and I have missed your posts at Joel's. You were one of the first to welcome me at Joel's. I appreciate your honesty. I really want you to come in to the Lighthouse and at the very least, poke around and see what you think. I have tried to make it as secure as possible. After Joel's site went down a couple months ago, I grieved the loss of my Blood Bought brothers and sisters. I don't want that to happen again! So I made a Yahoo! group as a place to regather if we are cut off the blogs again. I miss you and hope that you will reconsider the invitation. You pray about it. I pray he leads you to the group.

With Love in Yeshua Hamashiach,
Nate Lewis

Popular posts from this blog

WAR!! By: Maxine M WE are at WAR!! Not just the one we see on television every night This is a SUBTLE war, so subtle perhaps we don't even realize we're in a fight Or who the enemy is, but BEWARE!, this enemy has weapons of powerful might The weapons of this enemy we face, have been around since time began This daily war is the war of that "Serpent of Old" verses man When Eve first saw him, she should have turned around and ran For she wasn't an equal match for this enemy's 'half-truths' and outright lies Gleefully, he thought he had won when he heard her labor's cry Thinking, NOW, against the rule of their Creator, all her offspring will defy But he's only won a battle, the full blown war was only about to start And it still rages today...the war for man's soul, mind and heart The stakes are HIGH, don't underestimate him, for he is cunning, wiley and smart Most "soldiers" just do what they have to do, b
OUR MISSION by: Maxine M Our Lord's last and great commission was...Spread the Gospel's Good News The good news that Christ died and rose again, so Salvation's way they could choose Choose to accept His love & forgiveness OR eternal separation ..if they refuse Now, we're not all in a position to leave home & family for a foreign land And in reality for some, this isn't what God had planned To reach those all around us, THIS was His purposed command So we all CAN accomplish "This Commission" right where we live each day By the things we do, the love we show, the words we say By being steadfast and vigilant...keeping in mind its Christ's image we are to convey Most don't have opportunity to go to seminary or learn Spanish, French or German Or are gifted to stand at a pulpit and give an eloquent sermon But we ALL can do SOMETHING to promote His name, as we so determine Maybe simply take meals to the elderly, offer a helping hand Little acts of
The Last Ride by: Maxine M (in dedication to a fellow Christian who lost his life) What a lovely day!! Riding in the fresh spring air, what a thrill A "bike" gives such freedom, lets you go wherever you will But, unknowingly, death waited at the top of the hill A careless moment & a poor decision...quickly a life can be lost Someone else's mistake, but the innocent paid the ultimate cost There was no going back, a line forever crossed Life ceased in an instant, leaving a young family and friends behind In that moment, the word "tragedy" was clearly defined Life's priorities for the survivors were dramatically realigned Two lives...one's soul now vanished and gone, the other now saddled with guilt One's dreams destroyed, the future he hoped could be built The threads of life unraveled!!, into pieces enough to make a patchwork quilt The other's life too, forever changed even if he doesn't realize it yet This scene will play over and over in